- This event has passed.
Developing Your Management Skills
September 20, 2018 @ 9:00 am - September 21, 2018 @ 5:00 pmRMB6800
As you move along your career from an individual contributor to a more supervisory or management role, you need to invest in learning new skills and upgrade how you view your own role and the roles of whom you manage. Managers need to innovate, be original, and develop skills which may not be their customary strengths. They need to foster trust, focus on people and have both short and longer-term goals.
- Understand your changing role and how this differs than your previous comfort levels.
- Look at how a manager uses skills to learn about their teams and optimize their contributions.
- Learn and use different techniques to give feedback, delegate, motivate, and handle conflict.
- Newer managers
- People who expect to transition into a management role soon
- People with no little or no formal management training
- Or people who wish to review certain foundational management concepts